Rutgers University, Newark
Rutgers University, Newark School of Public Administration is partnering with Rutgers Graduate School Division of Global Affairs to host the 2019 NASPAA-Batten Student Simulation Competition!
Your Site Leader: Christopher Kozak – Director of Debate, Rutgers University, Newark, School of Public Administration
Your Technical Leader: Joshua Richey – Technology Specialist, Rutgers University, Newark, School of Public Administration
|Duarte Geraldino||Journalist/ Special Correspondent for PBS NewsHour.|
|Sarah Rosengaerter||Policy Analyst, Migration Policy Institute|
|Eva Richter||Executive Committee Member, NGO Committee on Migration|
|Prachi Rao||Field Organizer for Amnesty USA|
|Suzanne Shledon||Senior Policy Advisor, Global Compact for Migration|
|Irene de Lorenzo-Cáceres Cantero||Advocacy and Policy Specialist (Child Migration) at UNICEF|
Please find below pertinent information about the student networking session on February 22, travel and lodging.
IMPORTANT: please remember to bring your own laptop computers to the competition. You must have GOOGLE CHROME installed. This is the only browser compatible with the simulation. Tablets are NOT compatible with the simulation.
February 22 Student Networking Event:
- The Networking event will be held in the SPAA building from 7-9PM. It will be held in and around room 309 on the third floor
We have reserved a hotel block at the Best Western Robert Treat Hotel Downtown that is right near the campus.
- This is the online link: https://www.
bestwestern.com/en_US/book/ hotel-rooms.31067.html? groupId=J68EC2C8
- Release Date February 1, 2019.
We also recommend the following hotels in the area.
- Hotel Indigo Newark Downtown 1.877.270.1392
- Courtyard Newark Downtown 973.848.0700
- They both offer preferred rates for Rutgers guests but the Best Western Robert Treat is the one where we set up the block.