The University of Texas at Austin — Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs
Your Site Leader: Ruth Ellen Wasem: Clinical Professor of Public Policy Practice at the LBJ School of Public Affairs
Your Technical Leader: Victoria DeFrancesco Soto: Lecturer at the University of Texas LBJ School of Public Affairs
- Rhonda Evans: Senior Lecturer in University of Texas Department of Government and Director of the Edward A. Clark Center for Australia and New Zealand Studies
- Denise Gilman: Clinical Professor, University of Texas Law School and Director of the Immigration Clinic
- Barbara Laubental: DAAD Associate Professor, University of Texas at Austin
- Russell Smith: Chief Executive Officer, Refugee Services of Texas in Austin
- Ganesh Padmanabhan, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, CognitiveScale
Please find below pertinent information about the networking session on February 22, travel and lodging.
IMPORTANT: please remember to bring your own laptop computers to the competition. You must have GOOGLE CHROME installed. This is the only browser compatible with the simulation. Tablets are NOT compatible with the simulation.
February 22 Student Networking Event:
The LBJ School of Public Affairs is located at 2300 Red River Street in Austin, Texas, and we are in the Sid Richardson Building 3. We will have signs showing what entrance to use. The opening reception will be Friday evening from 5:30-7:30 in the North Lobby. We will begin registration and breakfast at 7:30 on Saturday morning in the same location.
February 23 Closing Dinner: UT Club (across campus)
- AT&T Center: https://www.meetattexas.com/ 512-404-3600- This is the most convenient hotel to the LBJ School, rooms run around $170/night. Be sure to let them know that you will be doing work at UT, that $170 is the UT rate. 24 hour cancellation.
- Doubletree: There are two Doubletrees that are close to campus (303 W. 15th St.: 512-505-4058 & 1617 I-35 North: 512-479-4000)
- Hotel Ella: https://hotelella.com/ 800-311-1619 – This is close to campus, a smaller hotel, rooms run about $140/night – be sure to let them know you are affiliated with UT as that rate is the UT rate.
- Park Lane Guest House: https://www.parklaneguesthouse.com/ 512-447-7460 – Individual cottages for rent, close to downtown, would need to get a ride to campus.
- Austin Folk House: http://www.austinfolkhouse.com/ 866-472-6700 (Bed & Breakfast)
- Austin Inn at Pearl Street http://innpearl.com/ 800 494 2261 (Bed & Breakfast)
- Star of Texas Inn http://staroftexasinn.com/ 866-472-6700 (Bed & Breakfast)
- Capital Metro (city bus) https://capmetro.org/ you can use the LBJ Presidential Library as your landmark to figure out your route.
- Ride-Shares: Lyft, Uber, Ride Austin
- Austin Cab Company: http://www.austincab.com/ 512-478-2222
- Yellow Cab Austin: http://yellowcabaustin.com/ 512-458-9999
- Super Shuttle (to/from airport only): https://www.supershuttle.com/
Stay up to date
The countdown to competition day is on! Hear about our sites, pre-registration, as well as associated NASPAA and CLSG events.